These delicious and healthy Broccoli and Cauliflower Mac and Cheese Muffins are my new favourite thing to cook for my girls! They’re super easy to make, require minimal ingredients and they’re perfect for lunchboxes or when you’re on the go!
Makes: 20 muffins
Cook Time: 25 minutes
375g (13 oz) macaroni
½ head of broccoli florets
½ head of cauliflower florets
60g (2 oz) butter, melted
625ml (2 ½ cups) milk
50g (¼ cup) plain flour
120g (1 cup) Cheddar cheese
Salt* and pepper to taste
*Omit salt for baby
For baby 6m+
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) and prepare your silicone muffin tray
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, adding a pinch of salt if using. Add the macaroni and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and transfer to a large bowl, set aside.
- Place the broccoli and cauliflower florets into a blender or food processor and blend to desired consistency.
- To make the cheese sauce, return the pot that you used to cook the macaroni to the hob over medium heat.
- Add the butter, flour and salt and pepper, if using. Thoroughly mix to combine.
- Gradually stir in the milk until the mixture is smooth, whisking if needed. Add in the blended broccoli and cauliflower and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add half the cheese and stir until melted and completely combined.
- Add the cooked macaroni to cheese sauce and vegetable mixture and mix thoroughly, adding more salt and pepper if needed.
- Divide mixture evenly into your muffin tray and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the muffins
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before serving.
Finger Food 6 months+
Cut in smaller pieces and place in baby’s hand for them to self feed. Offer as a dipper with savoury dips like our Pistachio Pesto.
At Mummy Cooks, we have a wealth of advice on feeding your family. We cover everything from meal prep and slow cooker recipes to moving baby on to family foods and preparing food safely. So whether you're looking for quick and easy meal ideas or want to learn more about healthy eating, we've got you covered - Feeding the Family Advice page