Try out this easy, homemade biscotti for your little ones. These salt free alternatives to shop bought biscuits are a great finger food for your weaning baby, especially if they are teething. It makes for a great baby led weaning snack!
Cook time: 45 minutes
Makes: 5 Adult portions
125g plain flour
100g wholemeal flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 eggs, whisked
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp full fat milk
Be sure to serve it with warm frothy milk as babyccino for a delicious child friendly treat.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the whisked eggs & milk and mix together until a dough starts to form.
- Split the dough in two, and shape into logs on your baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-6 minutes before slicing into biscotti shapes.
- Lower your oven to 160°C and return the biscotti to the baking tray. Bake for a further 15-20 minutes, until dried and golden brown. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
Weaning and Storage
6 months+ - Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self feed.