These easy and delicious baby-friendly omelette fingers are so simple to make and are the perfect recipe for when you and your little one are on-the-go! This 15-minute recipe is full of nutrients and requires only 6 ingredients. It’s also a perfect, easy travel recipe that you can easily keep warm in our food flasks which are included in our travel set (comes with a FREE Travel with Baby eBook!).
If you’d like to batch cook this recipe, you can make the omelette mixture ahead of time and store in the fridge for up to 2-3 days before cooking. For more recipes that you an easily whip up to serve your baby on the go, check out our Travel with Baby eBook!
Tip: Get creative with the omelette fillings for this recipe - you can add anything from lean meats like chicken or turkey to grated veggies like carrot or courgette!
Makes: 2 x Adult (12-16 x omelette fingers)
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
½ cup cauliflower, grated
½ cup broccoli, grated
100g (3 ½ oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
80ml (⅓ cup) milk
Pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, crack the eggs and briefly whisk with a fork.
- Add the grated broccoli and cauliflower, cheese, milk and pepper and whisk thoroughly until completely combined
- Heat the oil in a small to medium-sized pan over medium heat.
- Pour in your omelette mixture and ensure it’s spread evenly in the pan.
- Set the hob to low heat and cover the pan with a lid, cooking for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the heat and let cool before cutting into fingers or desired shape for your baby.
- Serve by itself or with a dipping sauce like our Homemade Pistachio Pesto or Hummus with Coriander and Lime.
Finger Food 6 months+
Cut into smaller pieces and place in baby’s hand for them to self feed.
At Mummy Cooks, we have a wealth of advice on feeding your family. We cover everything from meal prep and slow cooker recipes to moving baby on to family foods and preparing food safely. So whether you're looking for quick and easy meal ideas or want to learn more about healthy eating, we've got you covered - Feeding the Family Advice page