I love how healthy and easy these Avocado, Oat and Chocolate Muffins are to make! Adding vegetables into sweet muffin recipes adds richness of flavour as well as being a healthier source of sugars. The avocado in this healthy muffin recipe adds a delicious creaminess without taking away from the chocolatey flavours! Enjoy warm with a cup of tea or take on-the-go for a snack!
Tip: These muffins are great lunchbox fillers, so if you’re after a smaller-sized muffin, check out our 24-case muffin trays!
Note: Due to the sugar content, these muffin recipes are not suitable for baby.
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 12 x muffins
300g (2 cups) wholemeal self-raising flour
100g (1 cup) rolled oats
100g (½ cup) brown sugar
75g (½ cup) cocoa powder
200ml (1 cup) milk
60g (¼ cup) coconut oil melted
1 avocado, peeled, stoned and mashed
Canola oil, for greasing
100g (½ cup) chocolate chips, for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 200°C and prepare your silicone muffin tray.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder and oats in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, add eggs, avocado, milk and coconut oil and stir until mixture is combined.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and gently fold together until fully combined.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cases and then sprinkle with chocolate chips, if using, before putting in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving or storing. These muffins can be stored in your freezer for up to 3 months!