I love how healthy and easy these Avocado, Oat and Chocolate Muffins are to make! Adding vegetables into sweet muffin recipes adds richness of flavour as well as being a healthier source of sugars. The avocado in this healthy muffin recipe adds a delicious creaminess without taking away from the chocolatey flavours! Enjoy warm with a cup of tea or take on-the-go for a snack!
Tip: These muffins are great lunchbox fillers, check out our silicone muffin trays!
Note: Due to the sugar content, these muffin recipes are not suitable for baby.
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 12 x muffins
300g (2 cups) wholemeal self-raising flour
100g (1 cup) rolled oats
100g (½ cup) brown sugar
75g (½ cup) cocoa powder
200ml (1 cup) milk
60g (¼ cup) coconut oil melted
1 avocado, peeled, stoned and mashed
Canola oil, for greasing
100g (½ cup) chocolate chips, for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 200°C and prepare your silicone muffin tray.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder and oats in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, add eggs, avocado, milk and coconut oil and stir until mixture is combined.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and gently fold together until fully combined.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cases and then sprinkle with chocolate chips, if using, before putting in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving or storing. These muffins can be stored in your freezer for up to 3 months!
At Mummy Cooks, we have a wealth of advice on feeding your family. We cover everything from meal prep and slow cooker recipes to moving baby on to family foods and preparing food safely. So whether you're looking for quick and easy meal ideas or want to learn more about healthy eating, we've got you covered - Feeding the Family Advice page