Almost any meal can be adapted for your baby - Whether it's a nutritious family meal or a sweeter treat that makes a great finger food. I have brought together some of my favourite recipes to try with your weaning baby, perfect for anyone looking for some inspiration or looking to try something new with their baby
1. Roasted Red Pepper & Turkey Bolognese - This is a delicious and easy recipe to get baby to join in on family mealtimes by getting them to pick up sauce covered pasta chunks for a hands on weaning experience.
2. Veggie & Cheese Muffins - These muffins are great for any occasion, and are perfect for on-the-go snacks for your weaning baby. Offer as a Finger Food from 6 months - Cut muffin into quarters or halves or offer as is and let them self-feed. Find this recipe in my Finger Food E-Book
3. Veggie Omelette Fingers - These easy and delicious baby-friendly omelette fingers take just 15-minutes to make and are full of nutrients. This is a great recipe if you are short on time as it only requires only 6 ingredients. Offer as a Finger Food from 6 months - Cut into smaller pieces and place in baby’s hand for them to self feed.
4. Banana Bread Bites - With minimal ingredients and prep time, this healthy snack is great for when you’re strapped for time or need a treat when you’re on-the-go. Cut into smaller pieces and place in baby’s hand for them to self feed. Offer as a dipper with yoghurt, cream, jam, etc.
5. Sugar free carrot Cake Energy Balls - Sugar-free and packed with flavour and fibre, these carrot cake energy balls are a great snack to batch cook and are the perfect size for finger food (plus you can freeze them!). Serve as is and let baby self-feed. Find this recipe in my Finger Food E-Book
6. Spinach & Feta Muffins - These healthy and easy to make Spinach and Feta Muffins are great for introducing new textures and flavours as finger food for your weaning baby! Use as a dipper and pair with our homemade Basil Pesto
7. Arancini Balls - Suitable for baby from 6 Months +, Serve with tomato sauce for dipping, for perfect finger food. This is a meal tat is loved by the whole family
8. Potato And Parsnip Pancakes - Surprisingly tasty, this is an excellent version of a savoury pancake. Cut in half and place in your baby's hand ad allow them to self-feed. Find this recipe in my Baby & Family Recipe Book.
From as early as 6 months old, you can include your baby in all your family meals (without added salt or sugar). By exposing your child to dishes full of different textures and flavours, you can raise a happy, healthy and adventurous eater. I hope you give these recipes a go, and love them as much as I do!
Our Weaning Advice page provides information and advice on weaning your baby. It includes recipes, tips, and articles on a variety of topics related to weaning, such as introducing finger food, adding herbs and spices to baby food, and healthy snacks for your baby, and lots more