This Three Pepper Pasta Sauce is quick and easy to do! Healthy and delicious, it's great poured over pasta or chicken for a warm and filling meal the whole family will love. It's the perfect sauce for fussy eaters and even makes a delicious baby led weaning meal served with pasta.
This sauce can also be stored in your freezer for later use. Simply make a big batch and store portions ready for you to whip out and serve as a fuss-free homemade dinner sauce any night of the week.
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 Portions
4 tbsp. olive oil
2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 medium red peppers, seeded and finely sliced
2 medium yellow peppers, seeded and finely sliced
2 medium green peppers, seeded and finely sliced
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp. dried oregano
Chopped fresh basil
Grated Parmesan (optional)
- Place a pan on medium heat and add the oil.
- After the oil is heated, add the garlic, onion and peppers and herbs. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes until vegetables are very tender.
- Add the chopped tomatoes. Raise the heat and allow the sauce to boil and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a food processor. Puree to desired consistency.
- Stir through pasta and sprinkle on some parmesan cheese. If batch cooking or if you have leftover, cool and store the sauce in Portion Pots to freeze for up to 3 months.
Weaning and Storage
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker sauce, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker sauce with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our Baby Led Weaning Set is perfect for storing 3oz portions of the sauce for later use so you can prepare a baby led weaning meal whenever it's needed.