Everyone loves Spaghetti Bolognese! I have created this quick and easy version to provide parents with a healthy lunchbox idea that they can turn to again and again. As so many children adore Spaghetti Bolognese, this is a wonderful dish to use to encourage them to eat all of their lunch. A favourite dinner will be a welcome sight in a picky eater's food flask, as it will make them feel comfortable. Of course, this is not just a recipe for kids! This is also a fantastic recipe to whip up for dinner when you are pushed for time. Find this recipe and more in the Lunchbox Made Easy recipe book.
The Mummy Cooks Lunch Set Combo contains twenty pots in four different sizes, everything you will need for the week!
Cook Time: 23 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult Portions
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large carrot
1 celery stalk
1 garlic clove, minced
450g quality minced beef
250 ml passata
100 ml low salt beef stock
pinch of dried thyme
- Use a blender or processor to finely chop the onion, carrots and celery so that they will cook quicker. Make sure to use the pulse button rather than blend.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and then cook the onion, celery and carrot and cook for about 5 minutes until they have softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Stir in the meat and sauté for 5 minutes before adding in the passata, stock and dried thyme.
- Cover and cook over a low to medium heat for about 12 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of pasta
- For a baby not able for texture, blend the mince and serve with small pasta shapes.
Watch how I made this recipe below. For more videos like this, check out my YouTube channel.