Cook time: 25 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion for 3 minutes, until soft.
- Mix in the garlic, turmeric and curry powder and cook for a further minute.
- Add the vegetables, lentils and chicken. Stir well to coat everything evenly in the spices.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring the mixture to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. You'll know it's ready when the sweet potato is soft and the lentils have cooked through.
- Stir in the peas and serve over your choice of rice. Remove your baby's portion and blend to the desired consistency.
4-6 months – not suitable due to texture
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.