I love this recipe because it incorporates vegetables and spices. Although I am not a big fan of hiding vegetables, it is a great way of getting your children to eat vegetables that they might not otherwise accept. They also make this burger so moist and delicious!
Try it out alongside our Polenta Chips for a delicious meal any day of the week.
Makes: 4-5 Adult portions
- Peel the courgette. Add to your food processor along with the onion and spinach.
- Pulse the vegetables until smooth. Add in the spices and pulse again. In a large bowl, combine the beef, blended vegetables and egg.
- In a large bowl combine the beef, blended vegetables and egg.
- Add in the breadcrumbs and form into burgers.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the burgers in batches for 6-8 minutes on each side, until fully cooked.
- Place on a wholemeal bun adding on your desired toppings such as cheese, onion, tomato, and spinach. Serve with a side of polenta chips.
- For your baby, make small burgers the size of a meatball. Serve as a finger food.
Weaning and Storage
6 months+ - Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self feed. Add dips such as Roasted Vegetable Pasta Sauce to increase variety.