This omelette works well cut into strips and given as a finger food for your weaning baby. It's great served with a dip such as our Tomato Sauce for a tasty baby led weaning meal. When baby is able to manage some texture you can start to add other ingredients such as vegetables and herbs. It's also great stored in one of our Food Flasks for on the go or in a lunch box for an older child.
Note: Babies can have eggs as long as they are well cooked from age 6 months.
Makes: 1 x baby
A small knob of unsalted butter
1 tsp rapeseed
1-2 tsp Cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan.
- Beat the egg. Mix in the cheese.
- Gently pour the egg into the pan, covering the pan with a thin layer of mixture.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip it over using a spatula, and cook for one more minute on the other side until completely set and slightly brown.
- Allow to cool slightly. Slice into fingers to serve.
Weaning and Storage
6 months+ - Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self feed. Add dips such as our Tomato Sauce to increase variety.