It's perfect stored in one of our Food Flasks as a tasty school lunch for the kids. Serve as is or add some rice, either way they are bound to love it!
Cook time: 40 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
2 red onions, finely chopped
1 tbsp ground turmeric
Handful of coriander leaves, finely chopped
3 sweet potatoes, cubed
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the onions for 10 minutes, until soft and golden. Stir in the curry powder and turmeric. Mix well.
- Add in the chilli, coriander and chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sweet potato then bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid. Cook the curry for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato has cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the coconut milk and bring the mixture to the boil. Turn off the heat stir in the spinach. Allow the curry to rest until the spinach is wilted. Serve as is, or alongside some rice and enjoy!
- If your baby is not able for texture, blend the curry to the desired consistency.
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.