These homemade fish fingers are absolutely delicious! A super tasty meal for the family, including your weaning baby! It is also perfect for cooking with your little ones. By getting the kids involved in the cooking process they are more likely to accept the fish.
Serve it with sweet potato fries, which are a great healthy alternative to normal chips.
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
600g cod, cut into strips
4 slices of wholemeal bread
Handful of parmesan cheese, grated
2 eggs, whisked
½ cup of flour
Sweet Potato Fries:
2 Large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into "fries"
1 tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Place the bread and parmesan in your food processor and blitz into breadcrumbs.
- Put the fish, flour, eggs and breadcrumb mix into separate bowls.
- Lay out the bowls in a line (fish, flour, egg, breadcrumbs) with an oven tray at the end and allow the child to dip into each bowl to make the fish fingers.
- Toss the sweet potato in the oil and place on a baking tray.
- Bake the fish and the sweet potato fries in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and crispy, turning half way through.
- Serve with their favourite greens and enjoy!
Weaning and Storage
6 months+ - Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self feed. Add dips such as Tomato Sauce to increase variety.