STEPS FOR INTRODUCING ALLERGENS
- Once you have been weaning for a couple of weeks you can introduce allergens from around 6 months
- Make sure you baby is feeling 100% on the day before you introduce
- Try an egg before peanut butter making sure its boiled or scrambled (cooked well)
- When giving peanut butter add to a fruit or vegetable they are used to. A good example is sweet potato
- Keep allergenic foods in their diet regularly, at least once or twice a week
If your child does have a mild reaction to an allergen head to http://ifan.ie and check out the allergen ladder or head to www.allergy4all.ie for more information.
In my Starting to Wean online course I go into further details including:
- Introducing allergenic foods
- Allergy symptoms and what signs to look for
- Schedule to introduce allergenic foods
- Recipes to introduce allergenic foods
If you are nervous and need a schedule to help you, check out my Staring to Wean course. The course includes access to our Weaning Webinar recording.