This Roast Potato and Garlic Mash recipe is a perfect finger food to include your weaning baby in the family roast dinner. Garlic is packed with vitamin C making this a healthy and tasty baby led weaning meal the whole family can enjoy. If offering to a baby from 4 months, ensure it is a very fine, runny mash.
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
Makes: 4 adult portions
8-10 baby potatoes, washed
5 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup homemade (or low salt) vegetable or chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare an oven proof dish with a drizze of oil.
- Place the potatoes and garlic into the prepared dish and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Once soft and cooked through, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Scoop the potatoes out of their skins and transfer to a bowl. Peel the garlic and add to the potatoes.
- Mash together to the desired consistency, adding some stock as required.
- Scoop the mashed mix back into the potato skins, or portion into pots to serve.
Weaning and Storage
4-6 months – Blended to Runny Puree
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.