Your little ones and the rest of the family are sure to love this delicious, healthy version of baked beans.
These homemade baked beans are salt and sugar free and suitable for your weaning baby. Plus, they are easy to make and so flavoursome that you will never reach for a tin of them in the supermarket again!
Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
- Heat a large pan with some olive oil and gently fry your onions and garlic over a medium heat until golden.
- Add the tomato purée, tin of tomatoes and stir well.
- Next add in the dates and cook the mixture for 8-10 minutes until the dates have softened.
- Place the sauce in your blender and blend until smooth, adding some water if necessary.
- Once the sauce has been blended, return it to your pan and bring to the boil, add in the beans and bring everything to the boil again before reducing to a simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Weaning and Storage
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.