Our delicious chicken, green beans & avocado purée is a great baby food recipe and is perfect for introducing chicken to your weaning baby.
This baby purée is packed full of beneficial nutrients for your little one. Offer as a dip with a finger food such as toast slices for a tasty baby led weaning treat!
This meal is great as a family recipe too by serving the chicken and green beans with potatoes instead of blending it down as a baby food.
Cook time: 45 minutes
Makes: 6 x 90ml / 3oz portions
1 Chicken breast on the bone
Handful of green beans
250ml low salt Vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven at 180°C degrees.
- Gently rub both sides of the chicken with the olive oil. Place the chicken on a roasting tray and bake for 45 minutes.
- Wash the green beans and cut the ends off. Place in an oven dish and drizzle with some olive oil. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the bone. Place into a blender along with the vegetable stock and the green beans. Blend until you get the desired consistency.
- At this stage it's best to store portions in your weaning pots and freeze extras for future use.
- To serve, mix 1 tbsp of mashed avocado with 3 tbsp of chicken purée.
Weaning and Storage
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.