A delicious twist on a regular scone, your child will adore the cheesy taste of these scrumptious, healthy scones. Avocado, tomato, salsa - there are so many healthy toppings that can be added or just simply add butter. Store them safely in our portion pots to keep fresh, and send them in as a healthy snack in one of our adorable lunch sets. The Mummy Cooks Lunch Set Combo contains twenty pots in four different sizes, everything you will need for the week!
Makes: 10 scones
150g self raising flour, extra for dusting
70g wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
90g Cheddar cheese, grated
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large egg, beaten
90ml milk, plus extra for brushing
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and dust a baking tray with flour.
2. Meanwhile, sift both flours and baking powder into a bowl. Adding in any bran left in the sieve. Stir in the cheese and make a well in the centre.
3. Pour in the oil, egg and some of the milk. Mix together adding in more milk to get the right consistency.
4. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead briefly until smooth.
5. Roll out the dough to about 2 cm thick. Cut out the scones with a medium cutter and place on the oven tray. Glaze the tops with the extra milk and sprinkle a little cheese on top of each scone before putting in the oven.
6. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
7. Allow to cool and serve with your choice of filling.
Watch how I made this recipe below. For more videos like this, check out my YouTube channel.
These delicious Banana Bread Bites are so easy to make! With minimal ingredients and prep time, this healthy snack is great for when you’re strapped for time or need a...
1 / of4
We believe the path to raising a happy, healthy and adventurous eater stems from introducing family meals from the start, and creating a happy eating environment so your child feels comfortable and encouraged to try a variety of foods.
As a small business, we really value every single one of our customers. We aim to ensure you receive our products in a timely manner so you can enjoy them. We are also happy to assist with any returns should you need to.
We strive to help families develop lifelong healthy habits AND make more sustainable choices when it comes to mealtimes. Our resources aim to help plan and portion meals in a way that encourages healthy eating, saves time and money, and reduces food waste.