The morning can be the most stressful time in a busy household and some children just aren't hungry first thing. While it is important that you encourage your child to eat a healthy breakfast sometimes this just doesn't happen. Having a healthy muffin on hand is the best option for your child to eat on their way to school!
Makes: 12 Muffins
Ingredients:100g plain flour
1. Preheat your oven to 190°c. Grease your muffin tin or use a silicone muffin tray.
2. In a bowl, mix together the flours, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar.
3. Stir in the grated apple, making sure it is evenly distributed.
4. Whisk the egg together with the yoghurt, milk and oil in a separate bowl. Add to the dry mixture, and then add your blueberries. At this stage, it is important to mix gently until everything is well combined.
5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin then bake for 25-30 minutes until risen and golden brown.
6. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Muffins can be frozen and will last for up to 3 months in your freezer.