This 15-minute Pea and Pesto Fettuccine recipe is delicious, healthy and a perfect meal for when you’re on the go! It’s a great vegetarian recipe if you are strapped for time and need a quick and easy dinner idea. Take on-the-go and keep warm in our food flasks or travel set!
Note: You can use store-bought pesto but our easy Homemade Basil Pesto takes only 2 minutes to make and has no salt so it’s suitable for baby!
Makes: 4 x Adults
Cook Time: 15 minutes
375g (13 ¼ oz) fettuccine
2 onions, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
400g (2 cups) frozen peas
4 large tbsp Homemade Basil Pesto
60g (¼ cup) crème fraiche
180g (6 oz) grated Parmesan cheese
Salt* and pepper
*Omit salt for baby
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Then add the peas and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and thoroughly mix in the pesto and crème fraiche. Season with salt and pepper, stir and blend to desired consistency. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of water on high heat and add a pinch of salt. Add the fettuccine and stir, cooking for 10-15 minutes or until al dente.
- Once the fettuccine is cooked, drain and return to the pot. Add the pesto and pea mixture and half the parmesan and stir until well combined.
- Serve and top with the rest of the parmesan and enjoy!
For baby: You can use pasta shapes like fusilli or penne that are easy for baby to grip. Blend the sauce until completely smooth.