Tip: Don’t try and fool your kids into thinking it is their regular bolognese; instead tell them it’s something new and they will be more likely to accept it.
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
Makes: 10 Adult portions
3 large carrots, finely chopped
3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, carrots and celery.
- Cook until softened, but not browned.
- Add the lentils, potatoes, tomatoes, tomato purée, herbs and vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes, or until the lentils and vegetables are very tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve over warm pasta. Or, store for future use.
- For your baby, blend the ragu. Offer as a purée or coat the purée on penne pasta and offer as a finger food.
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.