Our Chicken Quesadillas are a quick and easy family meal your weaning baby will love. A tasty Mexican themed dinner ready in under 20 minutes! Get creative with your fillings for a healthy, fuss-free family meal sure to be a hit any night of the week. And better still, the leftovers make a tasty lunch the next day too!
Cook time: 45 minutes
Makes: 4 Portions
4-6 tbsp oil
8 flour tortillas
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. chilli powder
1 tsp. oregano
2 tbsp. lime juice
2 chicken breasts, chopped
½ red pepper, thinly sliced/chopped
½ yellow pepper, thinly sliced/chopped
1 onion, diced
100g cheddar cheese, grated
Ground black pepper
1 Avocado, smashed, to serve
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Drizzle with oil.
- Meanwhile, place the oregano, paprika and chilli powder in a large bowl. Add the chopped chicken and lime juice and mix to coat.
- Add the chicken to the pan. Leave to cook for 3 minutes before adding the onion. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers and sauté for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Ensuring the chicken is cooked through, transfer chicken and peppers to a clean bowl.
- Place the pan back on medium heat and drizzle with oil.
- Working in batches, place one tortilla at a time into the pan. Top with 3 tablespoons grated cheese and ¼ of the chicken pepper mixture. Top with another tortilla.
- Cook for 2 minutes before flipping. Cook for a further 2 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the quesadilla from the pan and slice into quarters. Allow to cool before serving. Repeat with the remaining tortilla wraps.
- Serve with sour cream and smashed avocado for dipping.
Weaning and Storage
6 months+ - Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self feed.
7 months+ - Use as a finger food and add dips such as smashed avocado and sour cream to increase variety.