My Bubble & Squeak recipe is packed full of delicious, wholesome veg and a great way to use up any leftover mash, carrots and cabbage! You can make this into a purée with some texture, or as a finger food for your weaning baby. Batch cook this tasty recipe and portion out into your weaning pots to freeze so you can serve it up any day of the week!
Find more delicious and flavour packed purée and finger food recipes inside the Baby & Family recipe book.
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 8-10 baby portions
350g floury potatoes, peeled and cubed
200g carrots, chopped
1 leak, washed and finely chopped
100ml full fat milk
Knob of unsalted butter
- In a medium saucepan, boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, remove the outer leaves of the cabbage, discarding any dark, bitter leaves and shred.
- Prepare your carrots and add the cabbage and carrots to a steamer and steam for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Poach the leek gently in the milk for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Mash the potatoes and add some of the milk from the leaks, add the butter. Mash in the cooked carrots, cabbage and leeks.
- Serve straight away or freeze for future use.
Adding more Texture: (6 ½ plus)
- At step 5 blend the vegetables in a food processor then add to the mashed potatoes. Offer as a textured purée
- Offer as it is making sure the vegetables are nice and soft with no lumps.
- After step 5 form into patties, dust with flour and fry on a pan with some oil until slightly crispy and golden
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.