Looking for a delicious family dinner with a kick? Look no further than this simple Fish Curry recipe. Creamy coconut milk and fresh fillets of fish combine to make a rich, fragrant curry the whole family will love. This is a quick, healthy and yummy way to enjoy fish with no fuss!
This fish curry also makes a great baby led weaning meal for your baby; simply blitz the sauce, flake the fish and serve with naan bread or pitta for dipping.
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult Portions
Salt and pepper to taste (omit salt for baby)
1 tsp tumeric
4 fillets skinless cod, cubed
3 tbsp olive oil
2 large onions, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
Thumb of ginger, minced
1 tbsp curry power
Handful of green beans
400ml coconut milk
- Mix the salt, pepper and turmeric in a bowl. Add the cubed fish and gently coat. Take care not to break up the fish.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan. Fry the fish until it is cooked through and slightly crispy. Remove the fish and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil in the pan. Fry the onion, garlic and ginger until soft and browned. Add the curry powder and stir to coat.
- Stir in the green beans and coconut milk. Bring the curry to the boil before reducing to a low heat. Add the fish. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with boiled rice, or allow to cool and freeze.
- Blend the curry for a baby not able for texture, or offer as a finger food.
Weaning and Storage
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
*Ensure to check thoroughly for bones before adding to the sauce in the blender or serving to baby.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.