A healthy take on a Brunch Ice cream and a little more like an up-side down crumble! This is a lovely summer time treat and can be offered to a baby nine month plus.
Makes: 8 portions
75g (3oz) butter
50g (2oz) desiccated coconut
75g (3oz) porridge oats
50g (2oz) wholemeal flour
300ml (1/2 pint) whipped cream
150ml (5 fl oz) Greek yogurt
225g (8oz) strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 190°C (375°F) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a food processor or by hand work the butter, coconut, oats and flour until it’s well mixed in.
- Press the mixture into the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave the crunch to cool, cut into sections and then crumble these to cover the base of a shallow serving dish.
- Whisk together the cream and the yogurt and spread this over the crunch base.
- Top with chopped strawberries and chill for at least an hour before serving.
For Baby 9m+
Offer as a snack or after a meal as a dessert. Making sure the strawberries are cut in the right shape for baby to manage.