Ready in just 20 minutes, Mummy Cooks Quick and Easy Paella recipe is a perfect child friendly family meal that makes a great baby food. Ideal to introduce fish to your weaning baby, this vegetable packed seafood paella is freezer friendly too! Simply cool and transfer into portions using our Portion Pots for a fun Spanish inspired family meal any night of the week!
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
1 cup rice (Arborio is best, but brown/white rice works too)
1 cup of water
500ml low sodium vegetable stock
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 carrots, diced
1 red pepper, chopped
handful of peas
1 cod fillet, cubed
1 salmon fillet, cubed
1 tbsp. turmeric
2 tsp. oregano
2 tbsp. olive oil
100g chorizo, diced (optional)
- Place a deep based pan over medium heat. Drizzle with oil and allow to heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and chorizo (if using) and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Remove the chorizo and set aside. Add the rice and carrots and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour the warm vegetable stock and the cup of water over the mix . Add the peppers, turmeric, oregano and bay leaves. Squeeze the juice of ½ a lemon and bring to the boil.
- Cover with a lid and reduce the heat. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the salmon, cod* and peas to the pan. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove your baby’s portion before adding the chorizo back into the pan.
Remove from heat and flake the fish over the top using a fork to ensure there are no small bones. Serve warm or allow to cool before refrigerating or freezing.
*When cooked, the cod will be opaque in colour while the salmon will be light pink.
Weaning and Storage
6-7 months - Serve with flaked fish over the top
7-8 months - Serve with flaked fish over the top
8-9 months - Serve with flaked fish over the top
9-12 months – Serve with flaked fish over the top
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.