This tasty Pink Lemonade is a great way to introduce rhubarb to your kids. Deliciously refreshing, it's the perfect summer drink for those long hot days! You can even freeze this in moulds to make homemade ice lollies.
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
3 stalks rhubarb
4 tbsp caster sugar
200ml sparkling water
- Cut the rhubarb into small pieces. Rinse off and place in a saucepan, along with the sugar and enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
- On a low heat with the lid on, stew for 5-10 minutes, until all of the rhubarb breaks down and the sugar dissolves.
- Add in the blackcurrants and leave to stew for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool before passing through a sieve.
- Juice the lemons in a separate bowl.
- Combine the rhubarb mix with the lemon juice, then add some ice and sparkling water to taste, taking care not to dilute it too much!
Weaning and Storage
Not suitable for babies under 12 months due to sugar content.
Our Food Flask is perfect for storing food or drinks for a healthy homemade meal on the go.