This easy Veggie Bites are a delicious way to encourage your kids to eat more vegetables. Serve them as a fun lunchtime snack with our Tomato Sauce. They are a great vegetarian alternative to chicken nuggets and are suitable as a finger food for your baby.
These delicious bites are also freezer friendly - simply store in our Double-Child Portion Pots for future use.
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult Portions
½ head of broccoli
1 clove of garlic, minced
½ tsp onion powder
50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Wash and prepare vegetables by cutting carrots into chunks and separating broccoli into florets.
- Steam the vegetables for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, mix the breadcrumbs and cheese together.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, let cool slightly before transferring into a food processor.
- Add egg, garlic and onion powder and blend until combined.
- Once blended, form the mixture into small circular shapes and then coat each bites with the breadcrumbs and cheese mix.
- Place on baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes, turning half way to ensure they cook evenly.
Weaning and Storage
6 months+ - Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self-feed. Add a sauce such as our Tomato Sauce as a dip.