These healthy broccoli tots are a great way to get your children to eat more green vegetables. Broccoli and cheese work really well together, so even the fussiest of eaters should enjoy.
Cook time: 8-10 minutes
Makes: 20 tots
1 head of broccoli
125g Cheddar cheese, grated
1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Separate the broccoli into florets then steam or boil until tender.
- Once the broccoli is cooked, place it in a food processor and pulse until it has a rice-like consistency.
- Add the broccoli to a large bowl, stir in the egg, cheese, and garlic powder.
- Once the mixture is combined, shape into tots.
- Place the tots on the baking tray. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden. Turn them once halfway through. Let the tots cool slightly before serving.
Weaning and Storage
6 months+ - Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self feed. Add dips such as Tomato Sauce to increase variety.
The Mummy Cooks Lunch Set contains twenty pots in four different sizes, all the containers you will need for the week!