This homemade Tomato Sauce is so easy to make. It's the perfect go to sauce to batch cook. Being so versatile, there are endless options for how you can enjoy it such as with meatballs, pasta, pizzas and more!
I always have a stock of my Homemade Tomato Sauce in the freezer. That way I can easily make up quick 20 minute meal weeknight dinners like my Tortilla Pizzas.
I also freeze smaller portions for school lunches - simply defrost in the fridge overnight, reheat in the morning and stir through pasta. Send in as a hot meal in one of my Food Flask's for a lunch that your child will love!
Cook time: 30 minutes
Portions: 4 x Adult (makes 750ml)
4 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbsp tomato purée
2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
Handful of basil, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium-low heat. Add in the 1.
- garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato purée and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add in the chopped tomatoes.
- Bring the mixture to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the basil and simmer for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Optional: Place the sauce in a blender or food processor and blend to your desired consistency.
- Serve with pasta or portion and freeze for future use.
6 months+ - Offer as a finger food with pasta.