These savoury muffins are full of flavour and really pack a spicy punch that my girls love. Salami, Red Pepper and Feta are a delicious combination that provides lots of protein, calcium and vitamin A! This recipe is perfect for school lunchboxes, snacks on the go or a pick me up for busy parents. Plus, you can always make double and freeze extras for up to 3 months.
If you or your child aren’t fans of salami, you can swap it for other meats like chorizo, bacon or even cooked chicken.
Makes: 12 x Muffins
Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes
3 tbsp vegetable oil
250ml (1 cup) milk
60g (2 oz) salami, finely cubed
150g (5 1/3 oz) feta, cubed
½ red pepper, finely chopped
300g (2 cups) flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp chilli flakes
Salt* and pepper, to taste
*Omit salt for baby
- Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F) and prepare your silicone muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, add the vegetable oil, milk and egg and whisk to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly to combine. Add salt and pepper, if using, to taste.
- Divide batter evenly across your muffin tray and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving or storing
For more tasty muffin recipes, check out our 20 Muffin Recipes eBook