This Sweet Potato Puree recipe is perfect as a first food for your weaning baby. The natural sweetness makes it great to serve as a healthy after dinner treat. Offer as a dip with some Biscotti or pasta slices for a tasty baby led weaning treat the whole family can enjoy.
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes: 5 1oz portions
1 large sweet potato
- Prepare your steamer. Meanwhile, peel and chop the sweet potato.
- Add the potato chunks to the steamer and cook for 10-15 minutes, until tender and cooked through.
- Once softened, purée or mash to the desired consistency, adding boiled water to thin as required.
- Serve warm with some optional finger foods for dipping or allow to cool before storing.
- Store in portions, label and freeze to use within one month.
Weaning and Storage
4-6 months – Blended to Runny Puree
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.