These savoury muffins are full of flavour and really pack a spicy punch that my girls love. Salami, Red Pepper and Feta are a delicious combination that provides lots of protein, calcium and vitamin A! This recipe is perfect for school lunchboxes, snacks on the go or a pick me up for busy parents. Plus, you can always make double and freeze extras for up to 3 months.
If you or your child aren’t fans of salami, you can swap it for other meats like chorizo, bacon or even cooked chicken.
Makes: 12 x Muffins
Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes
3 tbsp vegetable oil
250ml (1 cup) milk
60g (2 oz) salami, finely cubed
150g (5 1/3 oz) feta, cubed
½ red pepper, finely chopped
300g (2 cups) flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp chilli flakes
Salt* and pepper, to taste
*Omit salt for baby
- Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F) and prepare your silicone muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, add the vegetable oil, milk and egg and whisk to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly to combine. Add salt and pepper, if using, to taste.
- Divide batter evenly across your muffin tray and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving or storing
For more tasty muffin recipes, check out our 20 Muffin Recipes eBook
At Mummy Cooks, we have a wealth of advice on feeding your family. We cover everything from meal prep and slow cooker recipes to moving baby on to family foods and preparing food safely. So whether you're looking for quick and easy meal ideas or want to learn more about healthy eating, we've got you covered - Feeding the Family Advice page