Purées for baby are the perfect way to use up extra fruit and veggies and take advantage of seasonal produce. They're also a great way to include a range of healthy foods in your child's diet and provide the best fuel possible for their development and growth
Here are 5 easy homemade purée recipes that use seasonal Autumn produce and that your baby will love:
1. Avocado and Banana Purée - Subtle sweetness from the banana combined with healthy fats from the avocado makes for a creamy sweet treat your weaning baby will love! Recipe in my Baby & Family Recipe Book
2. Vegetable and Lentil Purée - Adding in lentils to your baby’s purée is the perfect way to add texture slowly while also getting some protein into their diet.
3. Salmon and Sweet Potato Purée - Introducing fish to your weaning baby early on will allow them to develop a taste for it. This Salmon and Sweet Potato recipe is great to introduce stronger tasting fish to your little one as it can be served as a purée or mashed to dip with finger foods. Recipe in my Baby & Family Recipe Book
4. Courgette, Pea and Mint Purée - This courgette and pea purée infused with mint is great to introduce a variety of flavours to your weaning baby. Perfect served as a dip with finger foods
5. Butternut Squash and Lentil Purée - Butternut squash makes a great first food for baby due to its natural sweetness and smooth texture once puréed. Adding lentils provides a good source of protein and is a wonderful addition to this purée. Recipe in my Baby & Family Recipe Book
Easily store these purées and take them on-the-go in our Starter Weaning Set!
Our Weaning Advice page provides information and advice on weaning your baby. It includes recipes, tips, and articles on a variety of topics related to weaning, such as introducing finger food, adding herbs and spices to baby food, and healthy snacks for your baby, and lots more