If you haven't already done so, make this homemade chicken fingers and chips now for a delicious and healthier alternative to store bought chicken nuggets and fries.
Let your kids help out with the cooking too - they will enjoy it!
Cook time: 40 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
To make the chicken fingers:
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Peel the potatoes and chop into chips
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil and paprika. Toss in the potatoes and mix until all of the chips are coated.
- Use a food processor to blend the bread and Parmesan cheese into breadcrumbs.
- Place the chicken, flour, eggs, and breadcrumb mixture into separate bowls. Place the bowls in a line.
- Dip the chicken into the flour, followed by the egg, followed by the breadcrumbs. Place them on a roasting tray. (Get your children to take charge of this step for some fun in the kitchen).
- Add the chips to the tray, making sure to spread them out (or use a second tray if needed). Bake for about 20 minutes. Turn the chicken and chips half way, to cook evenly.
- Offer to your baby as a finger food.