As the weather warms up, I like to make cold treats for my kids to snack on. What better way than to try out frozen yoghurt fruit barks which are so popular right now!
This yummy frozen treat is a fun and refreshing snack for kids and adults alike. Quick and simple, they are a great healthy alternative to ice cream and my girls loved helping me make them. We made a big batch to keep for warmer days. This is a versatile recipe so feel free to try out different toppings.
Cook time: No cooking required
Makes: 6 Adult portions
500g full fat natural yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp honey (omit for baby)
350g fresh fruit of your choice, chopped - we used mixed berries and kiwi
1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix the yoghurt with the vanilla extract
- Pour the yoghurt onto the baking sheet and spread out to even
- Sprinkle on the chopped fruit and desiccated coconut and freeze for 3-4 hours until frozen solid
- Use a knife to break apart and enjoy
Weaning and Storage
6 months+ - Adapt by puréeing the fruit and adding to the yoghurt mix. Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self feed. When baby is able for texture offer as the recipe suggests.