These Feta, Spinach and Tomato Rolls are a delicious vegetarian alternative to traditional sausage rolls. The combination of pastry, juicy tomatoes, spinach and feta cheese baked to perfection is irresistible; even to the fussiest of eaters. Ready in just 25 minutes these rolls are quick and easy to whip up, whether as a healthy snack for the family or to serve as a party finger food sure to wow your guests. It's also great for babies as a hands on finger food!
This recipe is perfect to prepare and freeze in Portion Pots so you bake the rolls whenever you fancy them.
Cook time: 25 minutes
Makes: 8 Rolls
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
4 medium tomatoes, cubed
60g spinach, chopped
Small handful of basil
200g feta cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 pack puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Remove the pastry from the freezer and set on the counter top to soften.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes.
- Once softened, add the spinach and basil then cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain the excess liquid and crumble feta cheese into the mixture.
- Roll out the pastry and cut it in half length ways to form two long strips.
- Spoon the filling evenly down the middle of each pastry strip.
- Fold the pastry over the filling and seal with your hands or a fork. Brush with egg and cut each roll in 8 pieces.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until crispy, golden and thoroughly cooked. Allow to cool before serving.
- Offer to your baby as a finger food to self-feed. you can place it in their hand, or chop into bite size pieces.