One of my favourite ways to get more fibre into my family’s diet is to include as many veggies as I can into my recipes. This Super Greens Muffin recipe is healthy, full of flavour and yummier than you might think! If you like a bit of sweetness but want to avoid sugar, you can add some mashed banana to this recipe.
Makes: 12 x Muffins
Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes
2 tbsp vegetable oil
250ml (1 cup) milk
1 egg 300g (2 cups) flour
1 tsp baking powder
170g (1 cup) frozen peas
60g (1 cup) baby spinach, chopped
½ of 1 courgette, grated
2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
Salt* and pepper, to taste
*Omit salt for baby
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F) and prepare your silicone muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, add the vegetable oil, milk and egg and whisk to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly to combine. Add more salt and pepper, if using, to taste.
- Divide batter evenly across your muffin tray and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving or storing
These muffin are freezer friendly and can be frozen for up to 4 months. Simply place into your airtight container or freezer bag. Remove from the freezer and allow to defrost in the fridge overnight or defrost in the microwave. Reheat to piping hot and serve warm or cold.