Make this delicious breakfast or mid-morning treat with 4 simple ingredients! This recipe is packed with protein and is easily customisable to suit your family’s tastes - just add whatever toast toppings you like and enjoy. Whether you're looking for a nutritious start to your day or a satisfying snack, this recipe has got you covered.
This is a great Finger Food option for a baby 6 months plus. Remove the crust for a smaller baby, cut into fingers and allow baby to self-feed
Makes: 2 x Adult (2 Pieces of Toast)
3 tbsp natural Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp apple puree
2 slices of bread
Toppings of choice; raspberries, sliced banana or mashed pear
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, yoghurt and apple puree until the consistency resembles custard.
- Place your slices of bread on a lined baking tray
- Using the back of a tablespoon, press into the soft centre of the bread slices and indent the whole area between the crusts.
- Use a spoon to fill the indented area of the bread with the custard mixture.
- Add your fruit toppings.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the toast is golden brown and the custard appears set.
- Let cool before serving.
Our Weaning Advice page provides information and advice on weaning your baby. It includes recipes, tips, and articles on a variety of topics related to weaning, such as introducing finger food, adding herbs and spices to baby food, and healthy snacks for your baby, and lots more