Leftover rice is the perfect lunch option, if you are cooking rice the night before. It won’t take you much time to prepare, and you can change up the vegetables each time for a quick and healthy lunch.
Makes: 2 child portions
2 tsp rapeseed or olive oil
Dash of milk
Salt & pepper to taste
400g (2 cups) cooked rice, cooled
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1 spring onion, finely chopped
¼ pepper, finely chopped
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Whisk the egg and season with salt and pepper. Add in a dash of milk.
- Gently pour the egg mixture into the pan, covering the pan with a thin layer.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip it over and cook for one more minute, or until completely set and slightly brown. Remove from the pan, cut into strips and set aside.
- Add a tsp of oil to the pan and add in your cooked rice and soy sauce. Continue stirring on medium heat until the rice is heated through.
- Stir in the onion, peas, pepper and cooked egg and mix through. Fill your preheated flask with the fried rice and enjoy it at school.
For more tasty Flask Recipes, check out my 20 Flask Recipes eBook
At Mummy Cooks, we have a wealth of advice on feeding your family. We cover everything from meal prep and slow cooker recipes to moving baby on to family foods and preparing food safely. So whether you're looking for quick and easy meal ideas or want to learn more about healthy eating, we've got you covered - Feeding the Family Advice page