This is a hearty vegetable soup that the whole family will love, including your weaning baby! Simply serve with finger foods such as our Homemade Oatcakes for a tasty baby led weaning meal your little one will love.
This soup also stores perfectly in one of our Food Flasks - now your kids can tuck into a warm bowl of soup at school!
Cook time: 45 minutes
Makes: 4 Adult portions
4 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
2 onions, roughly chopped
4 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
1 litre low salt chicken or vegetable stock
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp dried parsley
Crème fraiche to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the vegetables and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the onion starts to become translucent.
- Add the vegetables to a large pot and stir in the stock and the herbs.
- Bring the mixture to the boil before reducing to a simmer for 30-40 minutes until the vegetables are thoroughly cooked.
- Transfer the soup to your blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with some crème fraiche and crunchy bread and enjoy!