These patties are the perfect finger food or as a snack for an older child. Serve on their own or with a dip like hummus or guacamole.
Makes: 36 patties
400g (14 oz) tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
400g (14 oz) tin butter beans, rinsed and drained
48g (6 tbsp) plain flour
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp ground cumin
Handful of fresh basil leaves
Handful of coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (392°F) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until combined but not completely smooth.
- Taking 1 tbsp of mixture form the mixture into patties. Place on your baking tray and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. At this point if you are freezing do so now by placing in an airtight container. Making sure to separate each patty so they stick together - use parchment paper for this.
- If serving straight away, fry off on a pan for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Then transfer to your baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes. Flipping over halfway through.
- Serve warm to your baby with a dipping sauce.