Cheesy, fresh and full of flavour - this easy muffin recipe is a great way to offer courgette to your child or toddler! These healthy muffins are great for any occasion, and are perfect for school lunches or snacks when you’re out and about.
Suitable for a baby 6 months+ and can be offered as a finger food
Tip: I always bake these in a Silicone Muffin Tray - The non-stick surface means that you don't need to grease the tray before use, and they are so easy to clean!
Makes: 12 x muffins
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
2 tbsp melted butter
250ml (1 cup) milk
300g (2 cups) flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 courgette, grated
100g (1 cup) Cheddar, grated
2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
Salt* and pepper, to taste
*Omit salt for baby
- Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F) and prepare your silicone muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, add the butter, milk and egg and whisk to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly to combine. Add more salt and pepper, if using, to taste.
- Divide batter evenly across the muffin tray and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving or storing.
For more tasty muffin recipes check out our 20 Muffin Recipes E-Book
At Mummy Cooks, we have a wealth of advice on feeding your family. We cover everything from meal prep and slow cooker recipes to moving baby on to family foods and preparing food safely. So whether you're looking for quick and easy meal ideas or want to learn more about healthy eating, we've got you covered - Feeding the Family Advice page