A mango pit acts a great food teether because of its shape and low risk way for baby to build oral motor skills. It can be slippy, so coat in some desiccated coconut, ground nuts or wheatgerm (making sure allergens are tested first).
Makes: 1 x Food Teether
Ingredients 1 ripe mango
- Make sure to wash the mango before you cut into it.
- Place the stem on the cutting board and cut down the two sides that are fleshy.
- You will now be left with the pit with flesh around it. Remove this until there is no flesh remaining.
- If your baby is teething you can place this in the fridge for 30 minutes and it will acts a a cooling teeter for your baby.
- Serve as is or coat with desiccated coconut, ground nuts or seeds.