This is an easy and delicious baby food recipe for your little one.
Beetroots are in season from July to December while blueberries from July to October. Make the most of seasonal produce to ensure your little ones are getting a variety of nutrients to boost their immune systems.
Your weaning baby will love this recipe packed full of vitamin C! The sweetness of the blueberries will encourage your baby to be more accepting of the earthy flavours of beetroot.
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
2 medium beetroot
100 g blueberries fresh/frozen
- Rinse the blueberries and beetroot with water and remove the beetroot skin with a grater.
- Cube the beetroot and place in a medium saucepan, along with the blueberries.
- Add just enough water to cover the tops of the beetroot and blueberries. Cook on a medium high heat for 10-15 minutes, until the beetroot are tender.
- Pour into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Store portions in your weaning pots and freeze extras for future use.
Weaning and Storage
4-6 months – Blended to Runny Puree
6-7 months - Smooth and slightly thicker puree, no lumps
7-8 months - Thicker puree with increased texture
8-9 months - Minced and mashed with soft lumps.
9-12 months – Minced and finely chopped.
Our award winning Starter Weaning Set set has all the pots you need to batch cook, portion and safely store food for your weaning baby.